Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Re: [Geology2] (unknown)



Sorry I just saw this and yes I firmly agree. :-)

Sent from my Sprint phone.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Lin Kerns linkerns@gmail.com [geology2]" <geology2@yahoogroups.com>
To: "Geology2" <geology2@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Geology2] (unknown)
Date: Tue, Oct 14, 2014 7:01 PM

 

Allison,

I'm grateful that you posted that article here for a number of reasons, but most of all, because our reliance on oil should serve to remind us how important geology is in the grand scheme of things. The secondary reason is that politics is simply money talking. The action that occurs from all those conversations spurs a geopolitical evolution that is firmly grounded in biology.

Science is always a tool that will help us to understand the ways and means of the world, in any arena where corporeality is involved.

Lin

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Allison Maricelli-Loukanis allison.ann@att.net [geology2] <geology2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

http://caracaschronicles.com/2014/10/14/the-predators-from-riyadh/

I posted this because gas prices are coming down.. and this may be why. also when I mentioned this article to my husband, he reminded me of what China did in the carbide industry. My husband is a carbide grinder and makes specialized cutting tools for different industries.. John Deere and Boeing are two of them. Carbide is made from tungsten and cobalt... which comes from mines, located in China and Russia..the US has one I think, not sure if it is cobalt or tungsten. But both are necessary to make the raw material of carbide..so China sought to undercut the market by providing carbide at very low prices and thus making Russia's mines go out of business. And then after that happened, the price of carbide went sky high. My husband's company has a hard time paying sometimes for the raw material, which is also at times in short supply.
I don't know that there is any practical purpose to this article which is geared toward Venezuela anyway.. I don't know that we can stockpile gas..lol. But some how I think knowledge is always a good thing. Allison




--



__._,_.___

Posted by: "=?utf-8?B?YWxsaXNvbi5hbm5AYXR0Lm5ldA==?=" <allison.ann@att.net>



__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment