Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
From: lafd listmaster <email@example.com>
Date: August 31, 2012 5:05:12 PM PDT
Subject: [LAFD] Are You Prepared For A Natural Disaster
Dear Friend of the LAFD,
In honor of September being National Disaster Preparedness Month, the Los Angeles Fire Department is offering free emergency preparedness drills to help everyone prepare for a natural disaster.Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program is providing information and demonstrations on four Sundays in September that will make all the difference for you and your family.
The first thing anyone has to learn is how to take care of their family when disaster strikes. That's why this all-important informational event is one that everyone should attend. You will learn the following topics.
Congresswoman Bass of the 33rd District, Members of The Los Angeles City Council, The Los Angeles City Fire Commission and Fire Chief Brian L. Cummings invite you to attend the Main Event, kicking off a 4-part series of disaster preparedness drills in during the month of September:
- What to do during and after a disaster.
- What food, water and supplies you must have on hand.
- How to plan and practice an evacuation.
- What to take and what to leave behind.
- Emergency numbers you MUST have.
Family Emergency Planning
Sunday, September 2, 2012, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Cheviot Hills Recreation Center, 2551 Motor Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90064
We hope you can join us for these additional upcomming events:
- September 9th, Damage Assessment and Reporting.
- September 16th, Light Search and Rescue.
- September 23rd, Triage Victim Handling and Medical Treatment.Submitted by Erik Scott, Spokesman"Serving with Courage, Integrity and Pride"Public Service OfficerEmergency Public Information (EPI) Center
Los Angeles Fire Department
500 East Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012213.576.8938
Home Page: LAFD.org