Anybody want to comment on these?
1. We are approaching the 1 year anniversary of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami (Occurred on March 11, 2011), and the 6 month anniversary of the Central Virginia Earthquake (Occurred on August 23, 2011).
Tohoku article: http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/2479-japan-tohoku-earthquake-lessons-learned.html
Central Virginia article: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/se082311a.php#summary
2. Today, February 22nd, is the First Anniversary of the Christchurch, New Zealand Earthquake (http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Emotional-Ceremony-Marks-New-Zealand-Earthquake-Anniversary-139956793.html). People are up-in-arms about the slow pace of recovery there.
3. There was a 4.0 magnitude Earthquake yesterday in SE Missouri, just days after the 200th Anniversary of the Great Central U.S. Earthquake. It was felt in 9 states (http://articles.boston.com/2012-02-21/news/31084001_1_new-madrid-seismic-zone-earthquake-magnitude).
4. The last major earthquake to affect the Lower 48 of the U.S. was the Northridge Earthquake (6.7 Magnitude) - January 17, 1994 - http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/events/1994_01_17.php
5. The Quintuplet of Recent Damaging Quakes:
Tohuku (March 11, 2011): http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2011/usc0001xgp/
Haiti (January 12, 2010): http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010rja6.php
Chile: (February 27, 2010): http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2010/us2010tfan/#summary
New Zealand (February 21, 2011): http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2011/usb0001igm/#summary
New Zealand (September 3, 2010): http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010atbj.php
6. For recent earthquake events visit: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php
Emergency Actions Coordinator
U.S. Office of Personnel Management
1900 E Street NW, Suite 1300
Washington, DC 20415
(202) 606-5415 (Office)
(301) 807-8943 (Cell #2)