Thursday, February 23, 2012

RE: [Geology2] lead




 thanks chuck,
I don't know the definition of placer deposit, but i'll look it up.  All I can say about this situation is that i have always heard that there is supposed to be lead here and I also got to hear my great uncle tell his story personally.
tim

To: geology2@yahoogroups.com
From: gumboyaya@cox.net
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:13:06 -0600
Subject: Re: [Geology2] lead

 
On 2/22/2012 7:49 PM, td.bakerjr wrote:
 

is it possible for lead to be deposited in sand rock? if so how do i find it, it is supposed be in the bedrock of my creek. My great uncle said he walked the creek bed with his dad and pried out lead when he was a kid. that would have been around 1920 or so.


Native lead is supposed to sometime occur in placer deposits, but it is pretty rare. The metal oxidizes in air.

Chuck



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment