Moderator's Note: So sorry I am sending this a day late. The email ended up in my spam folder. There were some KUDOS listed so I wanted to send it...even the day late!
Congratulations to the Thespians of Volcano Vista High School - Troupe 7282 who participated in the New Mexico State Thespian Festival this past weekend.
Earning a rating of Excellent:
- Monologue Acting - Ashley Campbell
- Duet Musical Theatre - Kelly Erickson and Rachel Capener
- Duet Musical Theatre - Ashley Campbell and Sheehan Gonzales
- Solo Musical Theatre - Gabby Muller
- Solo Musical Theatre - Samantha Lovin
- Solo Musical Theatre - Domnique Garcia
- Costume Design - Lizzy Castillo
Earning a rating of Superior and qualifying for International Thespian Competition:
- Scenic Design - Beth Vaughn
- Scenic Design - Lizzy Castillo
Appointed to the New Mexico State Thespian Board of Directors:
- Elizabeth Raykovics
Well done Thespians!
Class of 2014: We will have a meeting in Mrs. Wells' room A202 on Wednesday at lunch.
Converge, the student-led on-campus Bible study would like to invite you to today's meeting in Room F211 during lunch. We would like to see you there.
Attention Vocal Velocity members - Vocal Velocity will not meet today, Tuesday, after school. Reminder that we have a choreography with Clint this weekend! Check the online calendar for more information and remember to get your costume payments in so that you can pick up your competition outfit!
Buy a purple paper basketball from any girls basketball player. All proceeds go to UNM Cancer Center.
Coach Perry Hampel of the Hawks Bowling team is excited to announce that on Saturday the Rookie Division team rolled very well and picked up the first place trophy. This is the second time this year the Hawks have brought home the first place finish. Congratulations to team members - Jacob Muller - Kyleigh Moya - William Kleyboecker - James Alderete - and - Miea Jones. There will be a practice on Tuesday only this week. However, this will be the inter team championships and any and all bowlers who been with the team are urged to come out and help ensure we will have teams, finally Coach challenges all team members to commit to bowling the final tournament of the season Feb 2nd.
The Metro Teen Court program is sponsoring a Teen Court vs. Public Safety Personnel basketball tournament on January 28th, 2013. This will be from 5 to 8:30 hours at the Taylor Ranch Community Center. For more information contact Joseph Dorn, atâ¨METRO TEEN COURT 659 0014
Attention all students taking an eCADEMY class this semester. You need to begin logging on and working today. It is important that you log on asap so that you can sign up for a mandatory meeting at eCADEMY this week.
- Softball practice begins today at 2:45. All girls that would like to play softball bring your gloves and cleats and meet at the track this afternoon.
- Any girls interested in going out for tennis this spring should get their physical forms completed now in order to start playing in February. Voluntary hitting days will be held on February 5, 6, and 7 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Sierra Vista Courts for any girls who want to get used to playing again. Mandatory tryouts begin Monday, Feb. 11 at 3:30 p.m. at Sierra Vista. Tryouts will be Monday through Thursday, February 11 through 14, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at Sierra Vista. PLAYERS MUST HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL FORM TO TAKE PART IN HITTING SESSIONS OR TRYOUTS. See you on the courts!
- Girls basketball will play the Academy tonight at 7. Wear purple in support of pancreatic cancer.
Good Luck Hawks!
It's great to be a Hawk!