Friday, August 23, 2013

Re: [Geology2] Iceland... wowza!



I saw a documentary on Romania..they have bears and wolves and small wildcats. They seem to have been able to successfully found a way to maintain their semi medieval way of life with their wildlife. It looks beautiful and lots of gorgeous mountains. Carpathians. wow. 
 But your trip sounds great and your future trips sound wonderful. My daughter and I are  planning a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.. we are thinking next May. We can't do the whole thing.. but we may start in Burgos, Spain. That would give us at least 100 kilometers and enable us to get this certificate they give for the compostela. Allison


From: Rick Bates <HappyMoosePhoto@gmail.com>
To: "geology2@yahoogroups.com" <geology2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Geology2] Iceland... wowza!

 
Those are all targets for the next big walkabout.  

Looking at 2016 starting ~Sep to simply follow the fall colors (rare in CA) and eat all the local dishes (lobster!!!  Crab!!  Oysters!!  Pooold poke, eh Lin?) I can manage.  I figure to be in FL about Nov then head west and home for Christmas, maybe. 

I'll likely get there via Glacier to Banff then on Hwy 1 since I haven't see that yet.  Leaving Jasper will be a challenge (AWESOME).

Greenland, Iceland are on the longer list; as are Oz and Kiwi lands (a year for that trip since they're so far away).  Maybe a stop in Fiji?

Europe, someday maybe.  They've eaten most of their wildlife but there are still places to see (the highlands, moors, alps) and foods to experience.  But I draw the line at haggis.  ;-) 

Rick wa6nhc

Tiny iPhone 5 keypad, typos are inevitable

On Aug 23, 2013, at 5:12 PM, Allison Maricelli-Loukanis <allison.ann@att.net> wrote:

 
There you go.. have you been to Maine before? I have never been there but have read about reticent New Englanders. Ayuh...but then there is the lobster. And you will be sort of close to Prince Edward Island which is where I would love to go.. I had the whole Anne of Green Gables set when I was younger. Allison


From: Lin Kerns <linkerns@gmail.com>
To: Geology2 <geology2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Geology2] Iceland... wowza!

 
I'm planning on it. When I move to Maine, the trip won't be nearly as long.

Lin




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment