UNDERCLASSMEN SCHOOL PICTURES:
Freshmen, sophomores and juniors, your yearbook pictures will be taken on Wednesday and Thursday of this week in the north mezzanine area of the gym. Please enter from the second floor. Freshmen go with their IMPAC or Health class; Sophomores go with their World History class; Juniors go with their English class.
If you are not enrolled in any of these classes please stop by the Activities Office to schedule a time. Teachers and staff please remember to get your photo taken for the 2014 edition of The Hawk.
Do you like to speak Spanish? Do you want a fun place where you feel comfortable practicing your language skills? Are you interested in different cultures? dance? music? food? If your answer is yes, come to the Spanish Club informational meeting on Thursday, August 29 at lunch in room A207. You do not have to be enrolled in a Spanish class to attend. Contact Señora Lucero if you have any questions.
Fashion Club meets today at 2:35 in Senora Luna's room G 204. Come share your own sense of style and individuality. We are currently prepping for the Homecoming Fashion show, so come be involved in the creation of Volcano Vista's fashion spectacular.
On Thursday, 29 August your local congressmen will be hosting Academy Night at the UNM Student Union building from 6-8 pm. If you have any interest in attending any of the service academies, you are highly encouraged to attend as the congressmen will be present to answer any questions and give briefings about the nomination process. Dress to impress and see Major Campbell in B154 if you have any questions.
Wing Squad/Key Club's first meeting on Friday during lunch in Mr. Brown's room F111.
- eCademy labs are now open in F213 and F216. All eCademy students need to attend their assigned lab day. If unsure of your assigned day, stop by F213 or F216 at 2:40 today.
- Seniors: If you are interested in applying to the Combined BA/MD program at UNM please stop by room E224 TODAY during lunch to speak with Mr. Maestas.
- Juniors and Seniors: Colleges that Change Lives will be at the Marriott Albuquerque Pyramid North this Wednesday, August 28th at 7 pm. The presentation will include "How to Choose a College That's Right for You"; the event concludes with a college fair. Approximately 40 colleges are scheduled to attend. The event is free of charge and no registration is necessary. For more information visit www.CTCL.org and click on events.
- If you are in need of making up credits that you previously failed and worried that you missed the eCademy registration deadline, go see your academy counselor for an appointment. Registration for the 2nd trimester of eCademy is open until November. The registration fee is $25 cash or money order, see your Counselor for more details.
- Open gym for girls basketball will begin September 3 every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:45-4:30 in the auxiliary gym. Must have a current APS physical form complete! See Coach V in F202 if you have any questions.
- Congratulations to both our soccer teams for their wins last night! They play again on Thursday.
- TONIGHT! Football plays Manzano at the new Community Stadium at 7. We are on the Home side, which is the west side of the stadium. There is a map posted outside of the Activities Office with directions to the stadium.
- The Hawk Band will be playing at the grand opening beginning at 6pm and also will be performing the pre-game show. Let's BLACK OUT the stadium.
And remember . . .
As always . . .
It's Great to be a Hawk