A BIG Thank-you to the Operation Smile for helping to clean up the campus this past weekend. There will be a meeting today at lunch in A101. All are welcome!
Congratulations to this week's students that were recognized for demonstrating the core values of our school Safety, Organization, Achievement and Respect. Way to SOAR! Also, remember you can turn in SOAR cards for merchandise every Friday at the SOAR store in H Hall near DECA Store. The following are the six students that were randomly drawn for our weekly prize:
Cameron Telesha– Recognized by Mrs. Stewart
Jasmine McKenna – Recognized by Mr. Francour
Richard Govea – Recognized by Mrs. Francour
Ally Bratkovic– Recognized by Mr. Riggs
Dylan Winn – Recognized by Mrs. Kennedy
Evan Ruiz – Recognized by Mr. Brown
This week's winners receive lunch in the Lava Pit
Girls and Boys that are participating in the Homecoming Fashion Show. Please see Sra. Lunas website for instructions. The show is comming up and we need to be prepared! If you have any questions, see Sra. Luna Wednesday at lunch .
Open Mic night is Back! This Friday, September 27th, Wright Club, the creative writing class, is hosting our first Open Mic Night of the year. The cost is $1 at the door. It begins at 6:00, so get there early if you want a seat. The sign up sheet is on Ms. Montoya's door (H219). See you there.
There will be a BSU officer meeting on Tuesday 9/23/13 in room A-113.
ATTENTION CONCERT CHOIR AND SHOW CHOIR STUDENTS: You must have your class fees in ASAP. The Show choir fee is $100 and the Concert Choir fee is $75. If you have any questions please talk with Ms. Clark.
- Any senior interested in signing up to be the Master of Ceremonies for Homecoming stop by the Activities Office on Monday during lunch to fill out an application. Tryouts are on Thursday, September 26 during lunch in G173. You must be eligible to participate.
- Any student interested in trying out for the Talent portion of the
Coronation Assembly stop by the Activities Office during lunch on Monday to signup. . Tryouts are on September 26 during lunch in G173. You must be eligible to participate.
Friday is College t-shirt day.
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY: From Sept 23 to Sept 27 we will be working in the A Hall Snack Bar at lunch. If you signed up to work, don't forget to report! Be sure to be there when the bell rings at 11:05. T-Shirt designs are due to Mrs. Jones in E203 by Friday, Sept 27th. We will vote on T-Shirt designs at our next meeting, on Monday, Sept 30, at lunch.
UNDERCLASSMEN PICTURES ARE HERE. If you had your pictures taken there is a packet available for you. Please stop by the activities office at lunch to pick them up.
- Native American Students: APS's Indian Education Department is hosting the 2013 Fall College Connection Day this Saturday, Sept. 28th from 2 pm to 6 pm. The event will be held at the Bruce and Alice King Educational Complex which is
located at 6400 Uptown Blvd NE.
- Juniors: Only two more days to sign up to take the PSAT exam. The last day will be Thursday, September 26th. Don't wait until the last minute to sign up!
- Seniors: Don't forget that Friday is our College Day fair here at VVHS. Get your barcode at gotocollegefairs.org! The fair will be held in the library from 7:45 to 9 am. This is the one chance to meet with NM Colleges.
- Cross Country: The Albuquerque Academy Invite is this Friday
- Football plays Onate on Friday in Las Cruces
- Girls Soccer: plays Sandia on Wednesday at VVHS.
- Boys Soccer: plays Academy on Tuesday at VVHS and La Cueva on Friday at the Complex
- Volleyball: plays Rio Grande on Tuesday and Sandia on Thursday at VVHS.
And remember . . .
As always . . .
It's Great to be a Hawk