Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Re: Re: [Geology2] Winter bicycle tour of the southwestern USA



Well I wish you good luck. It is exciting, isn't it? You never know what will happen on an adventure. Allison


From: "cgptsnaz@yahoo.com" <cgptsnaz@yahoo.com>
To: geology2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2013 7:35 PM
Subject: RE: Re: [Geology2] Winter bicycle tour of the southwestern USA

 
Both. I have some hosts along the way through a website at www.warmshowers.com  with people who for the most part are cyclists them selves or just interested in letting a stranger stay with them shower,eat and bed down indoors or camp in their yards. I also know many people along my route that I stay with while visiting.


---In geology2@yahoogroups.com, <allison.ann@...> wrote:

Do you camp out along the way? Or stay with folks you know ??? Allison


From: "cgptsnaz@..." <cgptsnaz@...>
To: geology2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:55 AM
Subject: [Geology2] Winter bicycle tour of the southwestern USA

 
I am off the next four months and bicycling to Zion tomorrow for a coupe days of day hikes then southwest to St George, Mesquite,Boulder City,Needles,Blythe,Mecca (CA), along the Salton Sea, Niland and Slab City for the holidays, then in January heading east to Tucson where I will stay all of January, then in February heading to Nogales,Patagonia/Sonoita, Sierra Vista,Tombstone, Bisbee, Douglas,the Chiricahua's, Wilcox, Lordsburg NM, the Gila Wilderness, Shiprock, the Four Corners, Monument Valley, Escalante and back to Orderville in late March. I will be back to work April 1st
I have been bicycle touring every fall,winter and spring since 1982 and one summer in 2006 I cycled across Alaska from the Arctic Ocean to the N.Pacific Ocean at Homer Spit south of Anchorage.
I like seeing the geography of the land most and taking pictures of the landscape. You can follow my trip this winter by going to www.trailspace.com then Forums, then Trip Reports and search under GaryPalmer. I will post as often as I can along my routes.






__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment