Saturday, August 24, 2013

[Geology2] Re: Iceland... wowza!

I'm also considering a short (for me) two week trip early next year to
Honduras to assist a medical/dental mission trip. It sounds pretty
rugged (taking a plane or boat up a river to or hiking in get to the
sites) but would allow some rain forest time and since I'd already be
there, a longer side trip to Costa Rica (have some contacts there who
can keep me safe but still get to see a lot).



While it would be to help some desperately poor Moskito folks (no habla
Ingles, solamente Espanol o Moskito; mi Espanol no esta muy bueno) and
deductible, I'm not sure about that trip, I have nagging concerns. Not
all the places there are safe and replacement costs for my gear are
pretty steep. One camera would feed a village, for a year and I'm just
a dumb gringo. :o\



Rick


--- In geology2@yahoogroups.com, Allison Maricelli-Loukanis wrote:
>
> I saw a documentary on Romania..they have bears and wolves and small
wildcats. They seem to have been able to successfully found a way to
maintain their semi medieval way of life with their wildlife. It looks
beautiful and lots of gorgeous mountains. Carpathians. wow.Â
> Â But your trip sounds great and your future trips sound wonderful.
My daughter and I are  planning a pilgrimage to Santiago de
Compostela.. we are thinking next May. We can't do the whole thing.. but
we may start in Burgos, Spain. That would give us at least 100
kilometers and enable us to get this certificate they give for the
compostela. Allison





------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/geology2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/geology2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
geology2-digest@yahoogroups.com
geology2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
geology2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment