Sunday, August 31, 2014

[californiadisasters] ADMIN READ: California Fire News Spam on Yahoo Groups



Yesterday, Robert O'Connor who is the force behind the Cal Fire News, sent out a mass fundraising campaign emailing to the various Yahoo Groups he is on, to wit, the California region fire and scanner groups. These emailings also went directly to individuals including myself, as well.

I don't typically get into these things here but I have had problems with this man in the past on multiple occasions over different matters. His latest course of action stinks of high hypocrisy given his bossy, self-righteous, and condescending shit fit with me in the past over my posting links to my blog on the very exact same Yahoo Groups. However, in my case, I was not asking for money and my blog is not monetized, but rather my content directly related to the groups in question.

Adding to presumptuous of this is the mysterious stoppage of new posts on Mr. O'Connor's blog seven weeks ago today and yet he is asking for five grand these seven weeks later with nary any new content.

This man was banned from this group yeas ago because during the Tea Fire in Montecito he was directly lifting content from California Disasters verbatim and posting it on California Fire News without any attribution whatsoever.

As if this wasn't bad enough this guy abhors and reviles law enforcement of all types in all situations while apparently sympathizing with all types of protestors and anarchists and rioters. Given the rank liberalness of BayScan he is allowed to run amok there and dissenting voices are moderated which is why I do not do that group the honor of ever sharing anything.

Needless to say, I will not be contributing a cent to this man's $5000 Fundly fundraiser and I do not recommend anybody do so either.

Kim Patrick Noyes ~
California Disaster Owner


__._,_.___

Posted by: Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@gmail.com>


Be sure to check out our Links Section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/links
Please join our Discussion Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters_discussion/ for topical but extended discussions started here or for less topical but nonetheless relevant messages.





__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment