The information provided on this email service does not originate with UNESCO. UNESCO is transmitting this information on an unofficial basis. The official warning messages are sent by governmental authorities through the Tsunami Warning Focal Points (TWFP) and the designated national authorities. UNESCO does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations regarding the timeliness, currency, correctness, accuracy, reliability, or other aspect of the characteristics or use of the information available through this email service.
To unsubscribe from this list please visit
Tsunami Information Statement Number 1
NWS National Tsunami Warning Center Palmer AK
346 PM PST Fri Feb 16 2018
...THIS IS A TSUNAMI INFORMATION STATEMENT FOR ALASKA, BRITISH
COLUMBIA, WASHINGTON, OREGON AND CALIFORNIA...
* There is no tsunami danger for the U.S. West Coast, British
Columbia, or Alaska.
* Based on earthquake information and historic tsunami records,
the earthquake is not expected to generate a tsunami.
* An earthquake has occurred with parameters listed below.
PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS
* The following parameters are based on a rapid preliminary
assessment and changes may occur.
* Magnitude 7.5
* Origin Time 1440 AKST Feb 16 2018
1540 PST Feb 16 2018
2340 UTC Feb 16 2018
* Coordinates 16.4 North 97.9 West
* Depth 27 miles
* Location in Oaxaca, Mexico
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND NEXT UPDATE
* Refer to the internet site tsunami.gov for more information.
* Pacific coastal regions outside California, Oregon, Washington,
British Columbia, and Alaska should refer to the Pacific Tsunami
Warning Center messages at tsunami.gov.
* This will be the only U.S. National Tsunami Warning Center
message issued for this event unless additional information