This Week is Spirit Week:
- Today: Elderly Day- Dress like your Granma
- Tuesday: Twin Day; Senior Picnic at 4:30
- Wednesday: Wacky Tacky; Yearbook Distribution at Lunch
- Thursday: Throw Back (Decades)
- Friday: Spirit Day
The final game for the singles ping pong tournament will be TODAY at lunch! And that's right....it's faculty vs students!!!! Mackay Schapp, reigning doubles champ, will see if he can sweep the tournament when he takes on Mr. Thiebaut! The game will be in "A" hall just outside the gym. Come and cheer for your favorite player!!!!
Yearbooks will be distributed to seniors only at the Senior Picnic Tuesday evening. You must have your school ID to pick up your yearbook.
Underclassmen may pick up their yearbooks Wednesday at lunch in the ROTC room in B154. If you have not purchased a book you may buy them for $70.00 on Wednesday.
Operation Smile will meet in A101 Tuesday at lunch. All are welcome!
MESA, the math and science club will be meeting today at lunch to award letters and pins. All are welcome.
Congratulations to Jane Ngyuen, Rosa Brasmer, Maddy Fetrow, and Ben Gleason for placing 10th overall at the State MESA competition this weekend.
AP Testers, if you have not attended a pre-administration session to fill out your bubble paperwork there will be a make-up session in the lecture hall during lunch on Tuesday (4/24). Get there ASAP!!!
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors...This is National Honor Society Induction Week! Be outside the Theater at 5:30 on Wednesday to begin lining up for our Induction and Awards Ceremony. Bring your family, and be sure to stay for refreshments following the event. See you this Wednesday, as we send off our Seniors, pass the torch to our Juniors, and welcome our newest NHS members, the class of 2014.
Prom Tickets are on sale for $25.00. You must have your student ID to purchase a ticket. Prom tickets will be sold to juniors and seniors only.
Any senior wishing to be the talent at the honors assembly or at commencement please stop by the activities office to sign up between now and Friday.
No FCA meeting today.
Senior fines and fees are posted outside of the bookroom. All fees need to be paid before you may pick up your cap and gown.
Seniors, If you are receiving a scholarship please stop by activities or Mrs. Futey's office in E224 to fill out a form so we can be sure to recognize you for your success. All forms are due by May 1st.
It's time for the senior picnic and this is a seniors only event. The picnic is on April 24th. There will be Barbeque from Rudy's, a Bungee Run, Mondo Boxing and Jousting, your fabulous Senior t-shirt and you can get your yearbook early. Not only that, but we will be putting together our Class of 2012 time capsule to be opened at your 10 year reunion. You can buy your ticket starting Monday April 16th in the bookroom during lunch. Cost is $10 and you must have your student ID to purchase a ticket. This is one of your last opportunities to gather together and make memories that last a lifetime!
- Boys track reminder...practice is at Milne Stadium today (Monday). Make sure to be there by 3 PM.
- The boys track team had some great performances this weekend and set a few school records. Junior Zac Castillo qualified for State in the half mile with a school record time of 1 minute 59 seconds, he has now qualified for State in the 2 mile, the mile, and the half mile. Senior Brandon Lucario ran a school record and State qualifying time of 4 minutes 26 seconds in the mile. Brandon was also the anchor on the medley relay along with Sophomore Robert Peele, Junior Sergio Alvarado, and Senior Kyle Lacy which posted a new school record and the 2nd fastest time in the state so far this year. Senior Kyle Lacy qualified for State in the 400 meter race with a one lap time of 50.32 seconds. The 4 by 100 meter relay team qualified for State and set a school record with a time of 43.18 seconds. The relay consisted of Sophomore Robert Peele, Senior Daniel Mings, Junior Sergio Alvarado, and Junior Dorsett Valdez. Senior LJ Wilder also set a school record in triple jump with a jump of 42 feet 11 3/4 inches.
- The softball team beat Cibola on Saturday and are now the DISTRICT CHAMPS!! Kelsey Stevens pitched a perfect game. Jade Gray and Tori Castro each hit a home run, while Katera Eltsosie hit two home runs. Congratulations to the softball team.
It's great to be a Hawk!