Thursday, June 13, 2013

[Geology2] Re: Hello..re: The Land That Fossils Built....



Allison, many thanks for your comments on The Land That Fossils Built.  You made my day!
 
Marshall and Leslie might be out of your way if you are going to the Hill Country, but I know there are some places in Texas where you can be sure to find fossils, even if they normally hide from you.  If you can send me ( fossrme@yahoo.com)  a descrption of the route you will take I 'll see what I can find on that and give you some info. 
 
Life along the Frio River sounds like heaven if you can take the hot summers.  Lots of sunny skies and wildlife with nearly tame deer wandering around.  I have some friends who live in the Hill Country and they love it.
 
Thanks again for the kind words.
Clay
 
 
> Hi, This is for Clay Chesney... I took your paper with me on my recent road trip from where I live in Milwaukee, WI, to Texas and Louisiana. While I don't go as far west as Marshall and Leslie, two towns you mentioned, I am familiar with the landscape. Your paper was easy to read for a layperson like me and i really enjoyed it. I am planning another trip in September, hopefully to the Hill Country of Texas west of San Antonio, and it would make more sense possibly ( have to look at the map) to check out Fayetteville and all and look for fossils. My husband and I are thinking of buying land along the Frio River, close to Uvalde. Actually he is the one that fossils like to appear to...not me. And I am the one with the interest..not fair. But anyway...enjoyed the information. Thanks. Allison


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment