Friday, June 21, 2019

[californiadisasters] Re: Admin Read: Group Check-In



Over 24 hours after my initial roll-call call-out 40 of you have responded publicly and 2 privately. One has unsubbed and 8 who were on moderation because they have never posted here before were taken off moderation. I still want to get a sense of how many of us are still here so please check in if you have not. However, regardless, I have decided to keep doing for the foreseeable future what I began earlier this month which is to turn the lights back on and resume regular operations, I simply didn't want to do that if nobody was left here. I'm happy to see that is not the case.

Kim Patrick Noyes a.k.a. California Disasters a.k.a. Eclectic Arcania

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:42 AM Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@gmail.com> wrote:
So 12 hours after posting my original roll-call request, 35 of you responded onlist or privately. I consider that a quorum and thus will continue my resumption of regular activity here. Had it been only a handful I would have let this place remain essentially a dormant archive of the events we've covered here since we started in May 2007. Please continue to check in as I still would like to get a sense of how many people still utilize this list in a time when the Yahoo Groups platform continues its gentle roll into oblivion.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:23 PM Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@gmail.com> wrote:
Achtung Gruppe!

With the recent increase in success of the Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit platforms of California Disasters I've also put more time (any time at all, actually) into the original platform here as those of you still here have noticed. This brings me to my question: How many of you are still here? Please check in with an email response. Thanks in advance!

Gruppe Oberfuhrer


--


--


__._,_.___

Posted by: Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@gmail.com>


Be sure to check out our Links Section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/links
Please join our Discussion Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters_discussion/ for topical but extended discussions started here or for less topical but nonetheless relevant messages.





__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment