Thursday, June 20, 2019

Re: [californiadisasters] Re: Admin Read: Group Check-In



To be transparent, as I no longer reside in CA but still have family there; I maintain a peripheral view of events in CA. 

Some are giggle worthy; a few are sad (last night an SPD cop was murdered and the death penalty is off the table as a means to stop others) and a couple are noteworthy and I offer what items or comments that I can, knowing (way too) much about the state, how it works, lives and plays.  Although many of my former associates and contacts have retired, I still have some access into the inner workings of the fire service.

But while I was born there, raised there, had a career there, paid taxes (gasp!) and voted (Republican conservative? appalling behavior!) and raised a family there, most of the posts simply make me glad it is no longer my home state where I was clearly a multiple minority (race too).  I have one son and his wife left in the state and when they leave, I can relax a little more.  It's not that I don't care about CA, but more that I couldn't take it anymore and don't miss it.  I did my best there for over 60 years; it's no longer the place I knew.

Shortly after moving here, I bought a handgun for my collection (paid on the spot, walked out with it, went to the parking lot, loaded it, tucked it into my new concealed holster and covered it with my shirt, without a permit needed, all entirely reasonable and legal). 

The salesman in the sporting goods store had said: "Welcome to America!"  He was right, but doesn't grasp the depth of his comment.

Sadly, that doesn't include CA anymore.  So now you have an inkling why I am glad to be out of that loony bin.

There is a better life, outside CA.  The next sound you hear in CA will be a flushing noise and the voters allowed it while the ignorant cheer it.

I grieve for CA but thanks for the fish...

Rick


On 6/20/2019 10:42 AM, Kim Noyes kimnoyes@gmail.com [californiadisasters] wrote:
 
So 12 hours after posting my original roll-call request, 35 of you responded onlist or privately. I consider that a quorum and thus will continue my resumption of regular activity here. Had it been only a handful I would have let this place remain essentially a dormant archive of the events we've covered here since we started in May 2007. Please continue to check in as I still would like to get a sense of how many people still utilize this list in a time when the Yahoo Groups platform continues its gentle roll into oblivion.













.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Rick WA6NHC <wa6nhc@gmail.com>


Be sure to check out our Links Section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/links
Please join our Discussion Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters_discussion/ for topical but extended discussions started here or for less topical but nonetheless relevant messages.





__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment